Spinach-Artichoke Rigatoni Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat broiler. Prepare rigatoni and spinach according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water; return to pan. Add artichoke hearts, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and creamed spinach; toss to combine, adding some of the reserved pasta water to thin, if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. broiler-safe baking dish; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spinach-Artichoke Rigatoni(9)
Sort By :
We loved this. Next time I would double the artichokes.
A very good, easy recipe . Delicious and filling, and a nice change of pace from the traditional red sauce pasta bake. I ended up adding homemade alfredo sauce as well as some leftover roasted chicken. Everyone in my family really enjoyed it!
This was okay but seemed to lack flavor. I think next time I will make it with marinated artichoke hearts--maybe that will spice things up? Was definitely easy to prepare.
It was certainly quick and easy to prepare and tasted good. I would prefer it to have a little more body, something that brings it all together. Kind of simple for my taste.
I am only giving this 4 stars because I did make some changes to this recipe but will try as written next time. But here were my changes to the recipe which we were found to be quite a good dish as a main or a side: omit one cup of mozzarella and replaced with an italian cheese blend; added 1 tsp garlic powder; and added 2 tbsp of cream cheese. I used green giants creamed spinach. Hope this is helpful. It really was quite good. Didn't need to add salt or pepper to this dish.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Pasta >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Artichoke Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Pasta Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Spinach Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Vegetarian Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Dinner Recipes >
- Vegetarian Main Dishes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >