I like to top this wonderful meatless meal with lettuce and serve it with extra picante sauce. It's quick, easy, filled with fresh flavor and definitely satisfying! Lesley Tragesser - Charleston, Missouri
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil until tender. Add spinach, broccoli, 1/3 cup picante sauce, garlic powder and cumin; heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in cottage cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Spoon about 1/3 cup spinach mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon remaining picante sauce over top.
- Cover and bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach 'n' Broccoli Enchiladas in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p23
Reviews for Spinach 'n' Broccoli Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review