Spicy Shrimp & Peppers with Pasta Recipe
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, peppers and shallot in oil until tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add shrimp to sauce; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain linguine; stir into sauce. Heat through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp & Peppers with Pasta
Sort By :
I want to make this for my family but i'm not that experienced with cooking or changing the recipes to accommodate a bigger number of people. I want to make it for 6-7 people instead of 4 any suggestions on how much to increase the recipe?
Just a fantastic recipe and super healthy, filling and delicious! Crowd pleaser and very very easy to make!
Constantly on the menu at my house :)
Aside from needing a little extra salt, this dish was fabulous! I used yellow and orange peppers, and green onion instead of shallot. Will definatley be making this again, only halving the recipe b/c the leftovers weren't nearly as good.
Loved this one. I decreaed the pepper flakes a bit and used yellow and red peppers.