Spicy Shrimp & Peppers with Pasta Recipe
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, peppers and shallot in oil until tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add shrimp to sauce; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain linguine; stir into sauce. Heat through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp & Peppers with Pasta
Sort By :
"Very good and easy to make. I made it without the linguine as we are on a low carb diet and this worked perfectly with the plan."
"I want to make this for my family but i'm not that experienced with cooking or changing the recipes to accommodate a bigger number of people. I want to make it for 6-7 people instead of 4 any suggestions on how much to increase the recipe?"
"Just a fantastic recipe and super healthy, filling and delicious! Crowd pleaser and very very easy to make!"
"Constantly on the menu at my house :)"
"Aside from needing a little extra salt, this dish was fabulous! I used yellow and orange peppers, and green onion instead of shallot. Will definatley be making this again, only halving the recipe b/c the leftovers weren't nearly as good."