Spicy Honey-Mustard Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and process until smooth. In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry chicken in 1 teaspoon hot oil for 5-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry vegetables in remaining hot oil until crisp-tender. Return chicken to pan. Stir sauce and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup stir-fry, calculated without rice) equals 258 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.