Spicy Honey-Mustard Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and process until smooth. In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry chicken in 1 teaspoon hot oil for 5-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry vegetables in remaining hot oil until crisp-tender. Return chicken to pan. Stir sauce and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 258 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Spicy Honey-Mustard Chicken Stir-Fry
"This is fabulous! My husband was crazy about this recipe!"
"it was a little suttle"
"I would omit the hot pepper sauce and the cayenne pepper to omit the spicy for child friendly flavor and suggest toasted sesame oil for added flavor in this one. Along with fried rice as alternative option."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.