Sparkling Cider Pound Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sparkling apple cider
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons sparkling apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cider, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth; spoon over top of cake, allowing it to flow over sides. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sparkling Cider Pound Cake
Sort By :
"This is much lighter than your average pound cake . The hint of Apple really makes this a fall favorite. Did not use parchment paper just sprayed the pan with Bakers Joy and had no problem with it sticking . Good recipe"
"Delish!!! I just used apple cider and it turned out great!! I did bake it for about 60 minutes!!!"
"Delicious flavor! It is a keeper!"
"Extremely disappointed. The cake is very moist but basically tasteless even after adding some cinnamon to the batter and frosting. It has no Apple taste. Apple cider might provide more flavor than the carbonated Apple juice."
"To Log91: You can get this in almost any grocery store. Martinelli's is a widely known brand. I'm curious, though, how you gave this a 5-star rating if you couldn't get the apple cider to make the recipe?"