This pound cake is incredible and completely reminds me of fall with every bite. Using sparkling apple cider in the batter and the glaze gives it a delicious and unique flavor. I love everything about it! — Nikki Barton, Providence, Utah
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sparkling apple cider
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons sparkling apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cider, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth; spoon over top of cake, allowing it to flow over sides. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sparkling Cider Pound Cake in Taste of Home September/October 2013, pjls
Reviews for Sparkling Cider Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review