- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sparkling apple cider
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons sparkling apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cider, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth; spoon over top of cake, allowing it to flow over sides. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sparkling Cider Pound Cake
Sort By :
"Easy to make and it did not survive the night I made it!"
"I made this cake for our family lunch last sunday and it was a great success. I added cubes of saut?ed apples and used brown sugar in place of white sugar, and oil instead of butter."
"Just made this pound cake this afternoon. My husband and I loved it! The sparkling cider gives the pound cake a nice light flavor. Followed the recipe as is except I added 3T of extra all purpose flour for high elevation."
"My husband and I couldn't stop eating eat. We finally had to give what was left to our daughter. But that is a good thing except the idea of gaining weight from it."
"This is much lighter than your average pound cake . The hint of Apple really makes this a fall favorite. Did not use parchment paper just sprayed the pan with Bakers Joy and had no problem with it sticking . Good recipe"