Sparkling Cider Pound Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sparkling apple cider
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons sparkling apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cider, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth; spoon over top of cake, allowing it to flow over sides. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sparkling Cider Pound Cake
Sort By :
How do I adjust the baking time for smaller pans?
Also, can I double the recipe to make more smaller cakes?
This looks like a fun recipe to make.
This is such a great recipe. Cooking for an egg allergy typically means missing out on the traditional pound cakes made with many eggs, but the 3 called for in this cake made substituting with egg replacer easy and delicious!
It had a very nice taste. I wasn't sure what to expect but the flavor was really good. A couple of friends came by and they also enjoyed it.
This is delicious!!! I had a hard time with the icing but finally got it... very tasty... Would highly recommend ... it has become one of our favorites....
This pound cake is delicious and even works as a great dessert to serve with ice cream. Since my family is excited about fall time coming up, I added 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the glaze.