- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3-1/4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (about 6 ounces)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with green pepper and onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Stir in noodles, tomatoes, water, chili sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until noodles are tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. Top with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpanish Noodles & Ground Beef
"I don't get many new recipes that are so tasty. This is one of them"
"quick and tasty. Liked the bacon."
"My girls who are 10 and 12 now have loved this meal since they were itty bitties! They love that it has bacon in it and I love it because it's sooooo easy and yummy! I compare it to a homemade and 100 times healthier version of hamburger helper"
"Nothing special, and not sure what makes it "Spanish." Seemed just like goulash that I grew up with. Thought bacon seemed out of place in the recipe, but went ahead and put it in. Still seemed out of place."
"This was very easy to make. My husband and especially my son really liked it. I will definitely make again."
"This has been a favorite at our house since the recipe first appeared in 2001. We have six children, so when they were growing up, quick, easy, delicious recipes were necessary. All of them liked this dish. The only change I had to make was deleting the green pepper because my husband can't eat them. I also doubled the amount of bacon because all of us are bacon lovers. I made homemade salsa this summer, so I might try using some of that in place of the full amount of tomatoes."
"easy to fix."
"I used a can of rotel instead of just diced tomatoes. Kicked up the heat a bit."