Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 8 inches)
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Slice the squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a baking dish. Add water and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. Meanwhile, brown beef in a large skillet; drain. Add onion, green pepper, herbs and seasonings; saute until onion is transparent. Stir in tomato puree. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally. Scoop out the squash, separating the strands with a fork. Just before serving; stir 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese into the meat sauce. Serve sauce over spaghetti squash and pass remaining Parmesan. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce(3)
Sort By :
Ground turkey is a nice subistute to make this dish even healthier!
I've made this dish many times and it's always a hit. I add more chili powder for more "kick" and I find fresh herbs really add to the flavor
Tried it instead of pasta noodles, families new favorite:)