- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In a small bowl,
- whisk the buttermilk, oil and eggs. Stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened. Fold in the red peppers, corn and chives.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400°
- for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, lime juice, honey, chili powder
- and lime peel. Serve with warm corn bread. Yield: 15 servings (1/2
- cup butter).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter equals 317 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 488 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.