Southern Fried Chicken Strips Recipe
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, pepper, salt and paprika. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Southern Fried Chicken Strips(16)
Sort By :
My son and I love these! Simple to make and didn't make a mess of my whole kitchen! Not having garlic powder, I added 2 sliced garlic cloves to the egg mix. Delicious!
This recipe is good. I did use what I had on hand so instead of buttermilk I used 1/4 cup of half-and-half and 1/4 cup whole milk and substituted season salt for regular salt and used a little less. Then, I added about a 1/4 teaspoon of poultry seasoning with a dash of chicken boullion. The chicken turned out great; not too salty either. I also used peanut oil which gets hotter quicker, I believe cooks better at higher temperature. Excellent base recipe for someone who wants to add/subtract ingredients!! Definitely try and make it your own!!
So simple to make and have great flavor. Also, I like the fact that they didn't soak up a lot of the oil. That is DEFINITELY a plus! :)
Very tasty! I added just a pinch of poultry seasoning and it was delicious. My kids ate them up!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Strips >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fried Chicken >