- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked stuffing, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery and onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in water, bouillon and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add noodles; cook, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, soup and sour cream; heat through. If desired, serve with stuffing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Soupy Chicken Noodle Supper
Sort By :
"Could not get better! This is a perfect recipe! Everyone in the family loved this!"
"This was delicious and simple. It is a great way to use up those veggies. This is comfort food at its finest."
"This is fabulous - rich, creamy and savory. It tastes like it took a lot of work but it was so simple to throw together. It will become a regular in my home!"
"This was delicious and easy to make. I will be doing this again."
"Delicious! It was very easy to make. The only thing I did different was to add some left over corn I had in the refrigerator. I doubled the recipe so we could eat it for a couple days."