- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked stuffing, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery and onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in water, bouillon and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add noodles; cook, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, soup and sour cream; heat through. If desired, serve with stuffing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Soupy Chicken Noodle Supper
Sort By :
"This was delicious and easy to make. I will be doing this again."
"Delicious! It was very easy to make. The only thing I did different was to add some left over corn I had in the refrigerator. I doubled the recipe so we could eat it for a couple days."
"Mmmmmm as long as I don't tell my husband there's sour cream in it, we're golden!"
"If there's one thing my husband craves, it's homemade soup! Whenever I notice I have too many vegetables around to use up quickly he suggests a veggie soup. The egg noodles in this easy, delicious soup made it even more appealing. Since most of the ingredients necessary are staples in my kitchen it was incredibly easy and so satisfying. Thanks for sharing this yummy, warm, easy dinner soup!"
"Easy to make and delicious!"