- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked stuffing, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery and onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in water, bouillon and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add noodles; cook, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, soup and sour cream; heat through. If desired, serve with stuffing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Soupy Chicken Noodle Supper
"Wonderful flavor, so easy and delicious..."
"I did not have any rotisserie chicken so I boiled 2 chicken thighs which yielded the correct amount of meat & also gave me a nice broth. To add more flavor to the broth, I added 2 tsp of chicken stock. My uncle, who is a professional chef recommends use of meat stocks in place of boullion for richer flavor & a little less sodium. Other than these minor revisions I followed the recipe exactly & we found this to be a hearty & flavorful soup that was very easy to make."
"Made the delicious soap. I did not have any celery seeds. It was so good this will be my go to soup when I make it the next time. Next time, I''ll put in celery seeds and see how it taste."
"This looks delicious but is there any reason that organic chicken stock wouldn't work as well as the water and bouillon?"
"Very Very good and esy to make . i also added some leftover corn , and have also added some frozen peas . This is most likely the 7th time I have made this"