Soft Italian Breadsticks Recipe
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the water, butter, salt, flour, sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Cut each portion into 12 pieces; roll each into a 4-in. to 6-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Soft Italian Breadsticks
Sort By :
Very good and soft! If you like garlic, try increasing the garlic powder in the dough or add some with the Parmesan cheese.
These were excellent! My family loved them!
Thanks for this recipe, I used the dough to make a Stromboli. I had to substitute minced garlic since I didn't have any powdered but it worked out fine
This is the only breadstick recipe I've made that turned out and that I actually liked! And believe me I've tried a lot! These are so delicious. I don't have a bread machine I just kneaded the dough for a few minutes. Definitely worth a try.
I combined this recipe with one I found in a Healthy Cooking Taste of Home magazine, Prosciutto Breadsticks. I rolled prosciutto into the breadsticks. Amazing!!!