Smothered Burritos Recipe
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix enchilada sauce and salsa verde.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup sauce mixture.
- Spoon 2/3 cup beef mixture across center of each tortilla; top with 3 tablespoons cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce mixture over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Burritos(5)
Sort By :
I added refried beans in with the meat, and they were delicious! They were easy and even better the next day. My family loved them!
I have tried many, many different burrito recipes only to be disappointed. This one is a keeper for me. It is delicious and so, so simple! I wasn't sure about the salsa verde, so I substituted regular salsa in this recipe. It turned out great!
Not very tasty...a bit bland. The tortillas got gooey while cooking too.
Raves from my husband. I will make this again. It would be easy to substitute left-over rotisserie chicken or holiday turkey. I could easily double or triple it to bring to potluck dinners!
my family LOVED this recipe! i had to make it twice in one week!!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Burritos >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >