- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix enchilada sauce and salsa verde.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup sauce mixture.
- Spoon 2/3 cup beef mixture across center of each tortilla; top each with 3 tablespoons cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce mixture over top; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Burritos
"Very filling and great flavors. Will definitely make again. Would be good with pork, chicken or turkey."
"This was a wonderful dish. I make homemade salsa and we loved it. Thx for the recipe. Margie"
"Just add black beans or refried beans, garlic, and onions and this can be a 5 star!"
"I followed the recipe exactly (sort of). I used shredded chicken breast instead of beef. They were fantastic. I think they are even better than the chicken enchiladas I make. They freeze well too. We all loved them. Don't put the sauce or cheese on the burritos until you are ready to put them in the oven. That way they don't get soggy."
"Quick, easy, but I should have decreased the salsa verde."
"We didn't enjoy it but perhaps in the future it would be good to try again."
"Very tasty. All the kids loved them"
"We used red enchilada sauce and salsa. A little different twist on an easy-to-make recipe."
"We loved this! Made it with no tweeking at all, I was great."
"This was super fast and easy. The flavor was good but next time based on the other reviews I may try chicken but will certainly add refried beans to give it a bit more complex flavor. I love beans so they will make a good recipe great."