Smooth Strawberry Soup Recipe
Each year, we wait impatiently for the strawberries to start producing so we can make this great soup. The berry flavor is complemented by a sprinkling of sweetly spiced croutons. —Janice Mitchell, Aurora, Colorado
- 1 quart strawberries, halved
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, optional
- CINNAMON-SUGAR CROUTONS:
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place half of the mixture in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with the remaining strawberry mixture.
- Stir in cream and orange juice if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, saute bread cubes in butter until golden brown. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar; toss to coat. Cool. Stir soup before serving; garnish with croutons. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Smooth Strawberry Soup in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p65
Reviews for Smooth Strawberry Soup(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review