I love to try new dishes for my husband and myself, and also for when we entertain. I collect recipes from all over the world, and I appreciate the bold Southwest flavors that come through in this 5-ingredient salad. It's a keeper in my book. —Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Recommended: Four Foolproof Memorial Day Menus
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 2 large sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large heavy skillet coated with cooking spray, saute corn until lightly browned. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice, salt and chipotle pepper. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in red peppers and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Smoky Corn Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p58
Reviews forSmoky Corn Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 25, 2012
"This recipe is a great healthy, inexpensive, and simple addition to any Mexican/Southwest meal! This recipe was also great reheated the next day too."