Smoked Salmon Canapes Recipe
"My boyfriend's mother gave me the idea for this classy appetizer that I serve for Sunday brunch and special occasions like New Year's Eve," says Tristin Crenshaw, Tucson, Arizona. "The textures are flavors of the dill, cream cheese and smoked salmon are scrumptious together." Spread on cocktail rye bread, it's sure to be the toast of your buffet!"
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 36 slices cocktail rye bread
- 12 ounces sliced smoked salmon or lox
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and dill. Spread on rye bread. Top with salmon and red onion. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Canapes in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p52
Reviews for Smoked Salmon Canapes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2010
Simply divine! And divinely simple. No wonder this combination of flavors is considered a classic in canapes.