- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours. Add the mixed vegetables; cover and cook 2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow-Cooker Vegetable Soup
"Loved this soup and it's so easy to make. The only change I made was that I used beef stew meat instead of steak. Will definitely make this again and again and then yet again! I found it very tasty and not at all bland. It has a permanent place in my recipe box."
"Given that the first ingredient in this recipe is '1 pound beef top round steak', I find the title a little inaccurate."
"Very tasty nutritous meal that takes very little prep time. Great to put in the slow cooker on a cold morning, if you want to come home to a wonderful smelling dinner!"
"This was delicious, though I did modify a bit. I used 4c organic low sodium beef broth & put in more carrots & potatoes instead of mixed veggies, I used frozen spinach, corn, & cut bean, along with dried Kale powder. This increased the fiber & nutrient content & made a few additional servings. Stuck with the same seasonings though & it was a very good hearty soup. I will make it again."
"One of our favorite winter meals!"