Slow Cooker Tamale Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream and additional minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cumin, salt, chili powder and pepper.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker; stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, enchilada sauce, onions and cilantro. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine muffin mix and eggs; spoon over meat mixture. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream and additional cilantro if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Tamale Pie(46)
Sort By :
Whoa, this is really good! I did add one chopped green pepper and a small can of sliced black olives for a little extra interest. After mixing everything together, I tasted it and thought it might be a little tame for our tastes (we like things pretty spicy), so I doubled the chili powder and added some crushed red pepper flakes and garlic powder. This is definitely a keeper, and you can easily spice it up or down depending on what your family likes.
really good and easy.
Easy and tasty! A winner.
easy meal very tasty I cooked mine on top of the stove then put it in 9x9 pan topped it off with jiffy mix and baked at 400 for 15 min
Holy cow this was scrumptious! I will definitely be making this again. I did add a little diced green pepper and next time I will kick up the heat with a little cayenne, red pepper flakes, and a bit more cumin. Fun recipe and will be sharing with friends.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >