- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Assorted crackers
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients; stir in crab. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Slow Cooker Hot Crab Dip
Sort By :
Halved the recipe and made it on the stove. I needed to add a couple splashes of Worcestershire sauce to bring out any flavor. I still think the one in Joy of Cooking is better.
Great recipe. I suggest adding at least two cans of crab or even more.
Heavenly! i doubled the crabmeat in this recipe.
A big hit at Christmas!!
I made the Hot Crab Dip for a Scrapbooking Event & I doubled the recipe and left some at home for my Dad & Husband. Everyone Loved It!! It was Delicious!! Super Easy to Make. I look forward to making it again!! =)