- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Assorted crackers
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients; stir in crab. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Hot Crab Dip
Sort By :
"This tasty dip is so easy to make and tastes amazing! I halved the recipe and baked it at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Adding a few chopped green onions lends a little splash of color to this great appetizer!"
"Halved the recipe and made it on the stove. I needed to add a couple splashes of Worcestershire sauce to bring out any flavor. I still think the one in Joy of Cooking is better."
"Great recipe. I suggest adding at least two cans of crab or even more."
"Heavenly! i doubled the crabmeat in this recipe."
"A big hit at Christmas!!"