My husband and I love Mexican food and these tacos have become one of our favorite meals. Try setting out the toppings in different bowls on the table so dinner guests and kids can make their own tacos.—Laura Rodriguez, Willoughby, Ohio
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt, cayenne pepper and pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Toppings: shredded Mexican cheese blend, shredded lettuce and chopped avocado
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in seasonings. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker; add pineapple mixture. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in beans. Cook, covered, on low 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Using a slotted spoon, serve chicken mixture in tortillas with toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Chicken & Black Bean Tacos in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p30
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chicken & Black Bean Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review