The sweet and spicy aroma that wafts from the slow cooker as this pleasantly flavored chai tea cooks is wonderful. —Crystal Jo Burns, Iliff, Colorado
- 3-1/2 ounces fresh gingerroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 25 whole cloves
- 15 cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 3 whole peppercorns
- 3-1/2 quarts water
- 8 individual black tea bags
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Place the first five ingredients on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Add spice bag and water to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 8 hours.
- Add tea bags; cover and steep 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags and spice bag. Stir in milk; heat through. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Chai Tea in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p90
Reviews for Slow-Cooker Chai Tea
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review