- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
- Place mushrooms and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat; brown meat in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high 15-30 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef Tips
"Easy to make and very tender."
"The mushrooms and sauce with the beef tips are PERFECT! It was very good and easy to make! I did find that my sauce was a little runny but I made it again on the stove-top and added a touch more starch to thicken. Goes perfect with garlic mashed potatoes!"
"My family loved this! When my grown daughter left for the evening, she "stole" the leftovers for her lunch at work the next day! Simple and easy and delicious!! Will make often."
"This was good and easy. Everyone liked it. Thanks"
"I am not a fan of beef roast or tips so to be honest, I did not care for this. However, the people I made this for, raved about it. I didn't have a single leftover."