I love Reuben anything, and this is a favorite appetizer. It’s also a warm and yummy crowd-pleaser and a stress-free way to rally Super Bowl spirits! —June Herke, Watertown, South Dakota
Featured In: 66 Recipes for Super Bowl Snacks
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 4 packages (2 ounces each) thinly sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- Snack rye bread or rye crackers
- Place the first five ingredients in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until heated through.
- Stir to blend. Serve spread with bread. Yield: 30 servings (2 tablespoons each).
Originally published as Reuben Spread in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p18
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Reuben Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2016
"In what world are all of these ingredients going to fit into a 1.5-quart slow cooker?"
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2013
"this dip is excellent. I have made it baked in oven also. I serve with Pinah Rye crisps. Never any leftovers."