Hot Pastrami Spread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
MakesAbout 3-1/2 cups
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) thinly sliced pastrami, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- Thinly sliced pumpernickel bread and light rye bread
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in pastrami and green pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated though and edges are bubbly.
- Cut out bread with a shamrock-shaped cookie cutter if desired. Serve with spread.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 41 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 15, 2010
Completely bland and unexciting!
Mar 13, 2010
I made this several times and everyone asked for the recipe. For a change, I used chopped corned beef, chopped green onions with tops and smidgen of garlic powder.. can serve warm, room temp or chilled. Spread on crackers or cocktail breads... Went over great..
Mar 12, 2010
I have not made this yet, but this sounds delicious and i know I will make this and serve it to family & friends. I have a question though. Would I use the black pastrami or red pastrami? Thanks!!
Mar 5, 2010
Excellent and Quick, I made my in an oblong glass dish, an served with cut outs and wheat crackers. Everyone wanted the recipe
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.