- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. In a large bowl, combine the beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; shred with two forks. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pork and Beans
"Had a pot luck. Was a hit!"
"Delicious! The smell of this cooking all day made me very hungry and I was pleased by the outcome."
"This recipe is so delicious and easy to make. I made it several times already and I usually don't have any leftovers, because everyone goes back for seconds and thirds."
"Great flavor. Subed 1 1/2 lbs of pepper bacon for the pork roast. Also added 1 packet of Goya ham spice which our family swears by."
"This was the best meal on a cold day! It was easy and even shredding the meat was not too much effort. Paired with some cornbread, it was delicious!"