Slow-Cooked Pork and Beans
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. In a large bowl, combine the beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove roast; shred with two forks. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through.
1 cup: 217 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Jul 22, 2019Delicious! I didn't measure anything, I just dumped everything together and my husband loved it!
Mar 7, 2017
I was disappointed. The pork loin was dry and surrounded by a watery greasy bean soup. After draining off the excess liquid, the beans were bland and needed to be "doctored up" with more BBQ sauce and spices.
Jul 16, 2015
Had a pot luck. Was a hit!
Dec 31, 1969
Delicious! The smell of this cooking all day made me very hungry and I was pleased by the outcome.
Oct 23, 2012
This recipe is so delicious and easy to make. I made it several times already and I usually don't have any leftovers, because everyone goes back for seconds and thirds.
Jun 13, 2012
Great flavor. Subed 1 1/2 lbs of pepper bacon for the pork roast. Also added 1 packet of Goya ham spice which our family swears by.
Mar 31, 2012
This was the best meal on a cold day! It was easy and even shredding the meat was not too much effort. Paired with some cornbread, it was delicious!
Mar 10, 2012
This is really good and easy to make. Cooked recipe as is for 8 hours using Bush's Homestyle beans. Put the crock on high while shredding the pork then added it back in for another 15 minutes. Served w/ cornbread muffins. We did find it a bit sweet for our taste, but will adjust the brown sugar or type of baked beans next time. Will definately make again!
Jan 31, 2012
All the revisions sound great. I made it according to directions and we loved it. We thought it was even better as left overs.
Jan 17, 2012
Easy recipe and so good.