- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Italian-style panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 4 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5-9 minutes or until onion is tender and golden brown. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, eggs, cheese, parsley, water and seasonings. Add ground meats; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer meatballs to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour spaghetti sauce over top. Cook, covered, on low for 3-4 hours or until meatballs are cooked through. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Italian Meatballs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Italian Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review