- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, green pepper, chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses; set aside.
- Cut three 25-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 5-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray. Place two tortillas in slow cooker, overlapping if necessary. Layer with a third of the beef mixture and cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until heated through. Using foil strips as handles, remove enchilada dinner to a platter. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Enchilada Dinner
Sort By :
"Love this recipe, delicious and so easy make! Foil made it so easy to get out of slow cooker! I looked just like the picture."
"Tasty recipe that's not overly spicy. The hint about the foil strips made it easy to remove from the slow cooker. This tastes good cold as leftovers the next day, too.Feel free to add salsa to the mix to spice it up."
"Excellent re old...I added the Jack cheese in the meat mixture and used the shredded cheese on top of each layer. easier to bake in oven. but not for two hours"
"My family loved this recipe. Instead of the foil strips I used a crock pot liner. It made removal from the slow cooker very easy. I did not use the cumin-mainly because I did not have any. But I do like the taco seasoning packet suggestion. I'll try that next time."
"My family is gluten and dairy intolerant so we eat it out of bowl. They love it! We make it at least twice a month..."