Slow-Cooked Corned Beef Recipe
- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 corned beef briskets with spice packets (3 pounds each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 4 cups water
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, carrots and onion. Add briskets (discard spice packets from corned beef or save for another use). Sprinkle the brown sugar, sugar, coriander and peppercorns over meat. Pour water over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-11 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter. Thinly slice one brisket across the grain and serve with vegetables. Save the remaining brisket for Reuben Strata (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. Yield: 5 servings plus leftovers.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Corned Beef(10)
Sort By :
First off I don't know why someone would rate any recipe without actually trying it! I thought this was easy and delicious! I added the carrots, potatoes, onions, brown sugar and water. I saved the packets and added them as well. The veggies were just perfect. I made Corned beef on rye bread (with mustard) sandwiches and had the veggies on the side. Thanks for sharing!!
I used the spice package with the corned beef. Easy to make and delicious but needs a few more carrots
Three words: Easy, Quick, Delicious
Loved this!! Thank you harrisonju and cjremy for your advice. I completely agree with both of you.
Put all the veggies on the bottom and the corned beef on top. Do not discard the spice packets that comes with the corned beef. No need to add the other listed spices.
I agree with cjremy. Just the spice packets, and veggies are a great way to make corned beef. I used to make it on the stove, brought to a boil, covered and simmer til tender. I use carrots, potatoes and cabbage. Also great served with rye bread!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Corned Beef >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Irish Dinners >
- Irish Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >