- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3 medium apples, cut into wedges
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; brown pork chops on both sides, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, combine apples, onion and water. Place pork chops over apple mixture; drizzle chops with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3-5 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chops reads 145°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Skillet Pork Chops with Apples & Onion
"Really liked these pork chops! Nice flavor. I made my own balsamic vinaigrette. Chops were tender and the balsamic glazed apples and onions were perfect."
"Not a favorite - the balsamic vinaigrette is overpowering in this dish."
"very tasty! ...I like softer apples, so added more water at the end of cooking to steam them and make them softer. I also added a little bit (about 1 teaspoon) of sugar sprinkled over the apples while cooking."