Seasoned Turkey Gravy Recipe
This smooth and tasty gravy makes a great turkey taste even better. If you prefer a darker color, let the flour brown slightly when you mix it into the saucepan with the seasonings and reserved fat. —Terri McKitrick, Delafield, Wisconsin
- Roasted turkey drippings
- Chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pour turkey drippings and loosened browned bits into a measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 1/4 cup; set aside. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups.
- In a small saucepan, heat reserved fat. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth. Gradually stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Seasoned Turkey Gravy in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p43
Reviews for Seasoned Turkey Gravy(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review