I got this recipe from the restaurant where I work. Everyone in town loves the blend of different seasonings and now the secret is out!—Denise Mumm, Dixon, Iowa
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Seasoned Taco Meat in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p295
Reviews for Seasoned Taco Meat
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2014
"It was deliciouse"
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2011
"I added fresh cilantro to this and my family still prefered the packaged seasoning over this..."
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2009
"Yummy! We loved this."