- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Seasoned Taco Meat in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p295
Reviews for Seasoned Taco Meat
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2014
It was deliciouse
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2011
I added fresh cilantro to this and my family still prefered the packaged seasoning over this...
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2009
Yummy! We loved this.