Scalloped Potatoes with Ham Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, grated
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Combine potatoes, ham and onion; place half in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the sauce; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 65-75 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes with Ham(59)
Sort By :
Very good! I've made with and without ham. I add 3C. ham to recipe and sometimes shredded cheddar. This recipe also halves nicely for small families. My only complaint is there doesn't seem to be enough sauce, I add a little extra milk.
Delicious!!! I omitted the herbs & added cheese - a definite winner!
The taste was superb. A great way to use up some of that left over Easter ham. I would just like the sauce to finish with a bit more body. Perhaps a bit thicker.
This recipe was a definite winner for my family. When trying a new recipe, I always follow the recipe true to the recipe written. By doing it that way, my family helps me tweak it for next time. However, my family told me not to add or delete anything to this recipe. My daughter said it was as good as her grandmother's scalloped potatoes. Now that was a really hard thing for her to admit since no one cooked like her grandmother. So this family gives a strong high five and a little on the side to this recipe!
These potatoes are so tasty! I served them with Parmesan pork chops and dinner was a delight! I love the spices used; they really dress up scalloped potatoes.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Potato Casserole >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Scalloped Potato >
- Side Dish Recipes >