- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, grated
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Combine potatoes, ham and onion; place half in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the sauce; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 65-75 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
Sort By :
"This was a great recipe to use up a small ham I had. It reheats well too.I noticed some people had issues with the sauce. I can't say I did because I always add more flour or milk as needed when making it. I bet if you follow the sauce recipe exactly, you might find it too thin or not enough sauce."
"Real good! Based on lots of reviews, I added a bit of cornstarch to make the sauce a bit thicker and stirred in one 4 oz. pkg of Velveeta queso blanco cheese sauce after removing sauce from heat. Yum!!"
"This recipe is absolutely delicious just the way it is written! I've made it a number of times for family dinners, gatherings, and church functions with rave reviews each time! Try topping it with grated cheddar during the last 5 minutes!"
"This recipe was nasty. I love scalloped potatoes and I love thyme, but they just don't go together well in this dish. I cant imagine her family demanding the thyme since they tasted it; if you are going to make it, leave the thyme out and just sprinkle some on your plate to try it. I made a double batch and ended up throwing it out. My husband has a more discerning palate than mine and he agreed with my review. As a comfort food this should remind me of growing up with this dish but it is just too far out of the box!"
"Excellent recipe. Used leftover ham from Christmas and made just as instructed and it turned out great."