Savory Apple-Chicken Sausage Recipe
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- In a large bowl, combine the apple, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 3-in. patties.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Yield: 8 patties.
Reviews for Savory Apple-Chicken Sausage
Sort By :
These are really good. I used turkey burger instead of chicken and everyone liked them. I did add another 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, but it still wasn't as spicy as I would have liked. But still, very, very good.
These chicken patties were great and very moist. I did add a dash of cinnamon and panko bread crumbs because it was very sticky. I added a slice of red onion on top and mayo on the buns. Would make them again. I don't know why they call it a sausage since there isn't any sausage in it.
I also used ground turkey instead of chicken. They tasted wonderful. The only problem I had was to keep them from falling apart. Maybe I should of used a smaller apple.
OMG! I will never buy sausage again. It is wonderful and so simple. Thank you for sharing such a healthy flavorful recipe.
This is a very mild tasting sausage. We used ground turkey instead of the chicken. This recipe goes well with the Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Brown Butter recipe. Due to the leaness of the meat be careful not to cook at too high of a temp or they will not brown but burn.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >