Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Cut squash in half; remove and discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, beat egg and milk; stir in the spinach, bread crumbs, cranberries and sausage mixture.
- Turn squash cut side up. Stuff with sausage mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Sort By :
Really good. My husband was very surprised that it was from the microwave.
Very good, i will definitely make again.
I have made this several times and we love it. It is super easy, very tasty and unlike most of our other recipes. My husband was leary at first, but the spicy sausage and cranberry won him over.
This was great. I had some extra acorn squash left over from my CSA box. My husband hates squash...so he thought, LOL! He loved this. I used spicy sausage.
More Recipe Collections
- Acorn Squash Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >