Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Cut squash in half; remove and discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, beat egg and milk; stir in the spinach, bread crumbs, cranberries and sausage mixture.
- Turn squash cut side up. Stuff with sausage mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Sort By :
"This was a really good recipe. I made half exactly as written and the other half vegan for my niece. For her portion I used vegan "meat" crumbles and left out the milk and egg. I mixed mine up first and used it as a model for hers; which I slowly added water to match the consistency. She actually liked it better than me and said she is going to make it again for Thanksgiving for herself and my sister who is also vegan."
"Really good. My husband was very surprised that it was from the microwave."
"Very good, i will definitely make again."
"I have made this several times and we love it. It is super easy, very tasty and unlike most of our other recipes. My husband was leary at first, but the spicy sausage and cranberry won him over."