"My family loves this flavorful casserole with hearty chunks of sausage and green pepper," says Carol Carolton of Wheaton, Illinois. The recipe makes a big pan, so it's nicely sized for a potluck.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta and spaghetti sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Spaghetti Spirals in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p8
Reviews for Sausage Spaghetti Spirals
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review