- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta and spaghetti sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSausage Spaghetti Spirals
"We thought this recipe was really good. Although I made a couple of changes. We don't like green pepper very much, so I added red and orange peppers. Next I used bottled sauce with Italian Sausage in it. Also I used a four cheese Italian blend of cheese. Try it you will like it!"
"This is a great family-friendly recipe! We like things a little spicy so we use hot bulk Italian sausage. Recipe works great with just about any spegeheti sauce chosen. This also a great meal to deliver to someone because all in one pan. As a volunteer food editor with Taste of Home I appreciate recipes that are flexible to accommodate my family's tastes."
"quick, easy and tasty!"
"We thought the flavor was great just the way the recipe was written. This would also make a wonderful dish for a pot luck."
"Recipe needs assist from additional spices and ingredients."
"This is a great recipe! But I do add browned hamburger w/ finely chopped onion, pepperoni and some shredded cheddar cheese. YUMMY!!!! My hubby and kids LOVE IT!!!! So simple and so good!"