“This is a recipe that I adapted to our low-fat lifestyle, with ingredients my family prefers” writes Sue Ann O'Buck of Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania. She adds, “It is just wonderful and has been a big hit with my family and all who have tried it.”
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, diced
- 1 cup garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet, saute sausage for 3-4 minutes or until browned; stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and 1 egg white; set aside. Drain spaghetti; add Parmesan cheese and remaining egg whites. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Spoon ricotta mixture into crust. Top with sausage mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Spaghetti Pie in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p55
Reviews for Sausage Spaghetti Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review