Sausage & Penne Marinara Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings; heat through.
- Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage & Penne Marinara(22)
Sort By :
this was quick and very good. We added some gorgonzola cheese on top of ours and it added the right taste.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe. So easy and delicious.
Loved this, very spicy for my little kids though. Will cut back on the spices next time cause there will be a next time.
Making it my second time tonight.. :-) very good! i cut the recipe in half for just me and still eat very well twice. :-)
Yummm! Husband and I both loved it. Two of my three kids are too picky and didn't like it, but the other loved it. I like cooking with fresh garlic so I added 3 cloves, crushed. I also used Italian bear sausage (any Italian sausage would work). I'll be making this again.