- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds halibut, haddock or salmon fillets or steaks
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add fish and shake to coat (if using fillets, cut into serving-size pieces first).
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; remove and set aside. Add fish to the skillet, cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Add the sour cream, basil and onion to the skillet; heat through (do not boil). Serve with fish. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Saucy Skillet Fish
"Question; Can you substitute any portion of sour cream with Greek yogurt?"
"This was delicious, will definitely make it again."
"I just love this recipe! I make it quite a bit. It's very quick and easy and tastes so good. I use tilapia."
"T have made this recipe quite a few times over the years and it is always a big hit. It's the recipe my husband always requests for special dinners. I have only used Halibut."
"I've made this a few times & it's wonderful."