Saucy Baked Beans Recipe
My family enjoys these baked beans with corn bread, but they also round out any cookout. Canned pork and beans make preparation easy. —Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 293 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 793 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC