Round Steak Sauerbraten Recipe
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 3-inch x 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 10 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the gravy mix, brown sugar, 2 cups water, onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper; stir into gravy mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaves. Serve with noodles. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Round Steak Sauerbraten(6)
Sort By :
Too sweet - boring - removing from my recipe box :(
Comfort food at its best. Beef and Noodles what could be better. Makes large batch so that you can enjoy left overs.
Recipe was just okay. There are many other recipes on this wonderful website that are much more delicious.
While we found the meat to be incredibly tender and the sauce good, we just expected something more. Since I don't know what Sauerbraten is supposed to taste like, this recipe could be spot on and we wouldn't know it. Overall, a very good and simple preparation for beef.
This was really good. I will definitely make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >