Rolled Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough buttermilk just to moisten dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3-4 times. Pat or roll to 3/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Brush with milk. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 biscuits.
Reviews for Rolled Buttermilk Biscuits(15)
Sort By :
Made these this morning... light fluffy delicious. Will make these again. The recipe is simple and quick.
I just made these this morning to go with some homemade apple butter I made yesterday. I did use half whole wheat pastry flour to add some more whole grain into the mix. Very easy and tasty.
These biscuits are light, tender, and rise to a really nice height. And I do feel better that they are lower fat. There seems to be just a little something missing in the flavor, but I'm sure that's from them being lower fat! I'd give them a 4.5 star rating if I could. I covered my baking sheet with the foil-backed parchment paper to avoid having to use anything to keep them from sticking.
So, so good! I used my food processor to mix everything together - so easy! I too rarely
have buttermilk on hand so did the vinegar/milk mixture. Came out perfect!
so light and fluffy. less baking soda so less of a metallic taste.