Rolled Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough buttermilk just to moisten dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3-4 times. Pat or roll to 3/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Brush with milk. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 biscuits.
Reviews for Rolled Buttermilk Biscuits
Sort By :
"This is the best recipe for homemade biscuits I have ever made. For years I have looked for a recipe that would make biscuits like my Mom had made when I was young; my search is over. This are BIG biscuits, no matter how you cut them because the rise is big. They aren't heavy, because there isn't much fat in them and the buttermilk (I made my own, I never seem to have any on hand) keeps the biscuit tender not hard. Really great biscuit recipe. Thank you for sharing."
"Made ghost shapes for Halloween. Worked out perfectly!"
"Just made these for dinner. I didn't have buttermilk so substitued 1 cup of 2% milk with 1 Tbs of white vinegar. The biscuits turned out great!!"
"Loved them :)"
"Can't wait to try them"