Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 13-1/2 cups
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk blend powder
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/3 cups shortening
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- Buttermilk Biscuit Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes: Bacon 'N' Egg Biscuits, Quick Chicken Pie, Creamy Cheesecake Squares, Beef Pinwheels with Gravy, Cheese Pizza and Pigs in Biscuits.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 159 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 24, 2012
I never buy Bisquick anymore. I always keep this mixed up and in my freezer. I never buy pancake mix either. Everyone says I make the best pancakes. Well, this is my secret
Jan 21, 2010
Good to have on hand.
Oct 29, 2009
I have made this three times so far and it is unbelievable easy in my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. The mix is extremely versatile to use.