Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 13-1/2 cups
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk blend powder
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/3 cups shortening
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- Buttermilk Biscuit Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes: Bacon 'N' Egg Biscuits, Quick Chicken Pie, Creamy Cheesecake Squares, Beef Pinwheels with Gravy, Cheese Pizza and Pigs in Biscuits.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 159 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 24, 2012
I never buy Bisquick anymore. I always keep this mixed up and in my freezer. I never buy pancake mix either. Everyone says I make the best pancakes. Well, this is my secret
Jan 21, 2010
Good to have on hand.
Oct 29, 2009
I have made this three times so far and it is unbelievable easy in my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. The mix is extremely versatile to use.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.