VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the squash and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Arrange the squash, eggplant, zucchini, red pepper and onion in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, whisk oil and marjoram until combined. Drizzle over vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 30 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta and roasted vegetables. Stir in the salad dressing, basil, salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p206
Reviews forRoasted Veggie Pasta Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2010
"I sprinked greek seasoning on veggies before roasting. Excellent the first night, next night not so much. Noodles sucked up all that flavor."