- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium butternut squash (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, oil and salt. Add squash; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased, foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine red peppers, pine nuts, green onions, dill, parsley, squash and rice. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Squash & Rice Salad
"This was very good, but it makes ALOT!!! I didn't have fresh dill or parsley, so I just used dry spices."
"Absolutely delicious! I've made this several times and it actually tastes better the next day. It makes alot, so next time I will cut the recipe in half. Pine nuts are what make this great."
"This was good. I didn't have the pine nuts or fresh dill but it turned out pretty good."
"This recipe is awesome! I didn't have some ingredients so I used the pre-cooked, packaged Quinoa and brown rice, dried dill and parsley I had on hand. I will recommend this to everyone"
"Thank you, this is a keeper!"
"Took this to a potluck this morning and it was a crowd pleaser. Prepared the squash last night and refrigerated overnight to cut down on prep time this morning. Great flavors."
"This was so quick and easy. It was scrumptious!"
"I was worried about the combination of flavors but it turned out fantastic. I had to use dried dill and unfortunately didn't have any nuts because I think the crunch would have been nice. Fantastic flavor!"