- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium butternut squash (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, oil and salt. Add squash; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased, foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine red peppers, pine nuts, green onions, dill, parsley, squash and rice. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Squash & Rice Salad
Sort By :
"I made this for the first time for my book club of 12 women and it was a real winner complete with requests for the recipe. I changed the rice to basmati, but all else the same."
"This is good. A pretty and healthy side dish to add to a thanksgiving or Christmas spread."
"Delicious and easy and a healthy way to add squash to your salad!"
"This was quite good. i used quinoa instead of rice to make it healthier. The squah cooked in only 20 minutes. I also used balsamic vinegar in the dressing since I thought it made more sense given the recipe as balsamic was used in the suash preparation."
"Cutting up a squash is labor intensive. I bought the squash already cubed. Great side dish."