- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium butternut squash (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, oil and salt. Add squash; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased, foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine red peppers, pine nuts, green onions, dill, parsley, squash and rice. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Squash & Rice Salad
Sort By :
"Thank you, this is a keeper!"
"I made this exactly as written....Fantastic!!! I put over fresh spinach for a terrific salad to take to work. Sometimes top with a little cubed chicken. Satisfying and delicious!!!"
"Took this to a potluck this morning and it was a crowd pleaser. Prepared the squash last night and refrigerated overnight to cut down on prep time this morning. Great flavors."
"This was so quick and easy. It was scrumptious!"
"I was worried about the combination of flavors but it turned out fantastic. I had to use dried dill and unfortunately didn't have any nuts because I think the crunch would have been nice. Fantastic flavor!"