- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium butternut squash (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, oil and salt. Add squash; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased, foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine red peppers, pine nuts, green onions, dill, parsley, squash and rice. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Squash & Rice Salad
"This recipe is awesome! I didn't have some ingredients so I used the pre-cooked, packaged Quinoa and brown rice, dried dill and parsley I had on hand. I will recommend this to everyone"
"Thank you, this is a keeper!"
"I made this exactly as written....Fantastic!!! I put over fresh spinach for a terrific salad to take to work. Sometimes top with a little cubed chicken. Satisfying and delicious!!!"
"Took this to a potluck this morning and it was a crowd pleaser. Prepared the squash last night and refrigerated overnight to cut down on prep time this morning. Great flavors."
"This was so quick and easy. It was scrumptious!"