Roasted Butternut Squash & Rice Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 medium butternut squash (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, oil and salt. Add squash; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased, foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the red peppers, pine nuts, green onions, dill, parsley, squash and rice. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Squash & Rice Salad(13)
Sort By :
I made this for the first time for my book club of 12 women and it was a real winner complete with requests for the recipe. I changed the rice to basmati, but all else the same.
This is good. A pretty and healthy side dish to add to a thanksgiving or Christmas spread.
Delicious and easy and a healthy way to add squash to your salad!
This was quite good. i used quinoa instead of rice to make it healthier. The squah cooked in only 20 minutes. I also used balsamic vinegar in the dressing since I thought it made more sense given the recipe as balsamic was used in the suash preparation.
Cutting up a squash is labor intensive. I bought the squash already cubed. Great side dish.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- New Year's Side Dish Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Salad Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Roasted Squash >
- Roasted Vegetables >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Side Dishes >
- Vegetable Salad Recipes >
- Vegetable Side Dishes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Salad Recipes >
- Winning Salad Recipes >
- Winning Side Dish Recipes >
- Winning Vegetarian Recipes >