- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Optional garnishes: mayonnaise, additional pickle relish, crumbled cooked bacon, and chopped onion and tomato
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges and set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, onion, relish and bacon. Transfer to prepared pastry.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, mustard, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with optional ingredients if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Roadside Diner Cheeseburger Quiche
Sort By :
"our family loves it! I spread some mustard over the crust before filling, and its divine!"
"It does taste like a cheeseburger! One of my family's favorite quiche recipes. Made 2 like others suggested adding a little extra on the ingredients. I also use the frozen deep dish pie crusts. I freeze one quiche, cut it in 1/4's first, if you want individual servings frozen, then put aluminum pan with quiche in ziploc freezer bag."
"This was great! I used whole milk, and used a little more of all ingredients to make two deep dish pies. I'll be making it again."
"Made with ground beef, replaced the diced tomato & onion w/ Ro-Tel (as suggested in previous comment) and omitted the pickle relish. We liked it a lot...added it to our regular rotation!"
"Too much ingredients for one pie and tastes more like quiche. I'm going to remake the recipe after I tweek the ingredient list and make it healthier. The basic idea is good, but I found this particular recipe as written, not good."