Rice-Stuffed Butternut Squash Recipe
- 1 small butternut squash (1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup cooked long grain and wild rice
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each half so it sits flat. Place pulp side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. When cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp, leaving about a 1/4-in. shell.
- In a large bowl, combine the pulp, rice, cheese, cranberries, chutney, onion, curry powder, salt and pepper. Spoon into squash shells. Dot with butter. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Rice-Stuffed Butternut Squash
Sort By :
Excellent! I used dry cranberries bedause of flavor and taste. Would make it again.
Delish! Used dried cherries in place of cranberries because had them on hand. For the rice, used a rice blend (just several varieties of rice blended, not uncle ben's type, as would add waay too much sodium...and cooked up in traditional way). Will definately make again!
I made this with another small squash that was similar, and used "Rice a Roni" Long Grain and Wild Rice mixture. We LOVED it. Very tasty with lots of unique flavors. DH says it's a keeper, and I agree.
I used half brown rice and half quinoa for some protein - the rest the same. Very interesting texture. Will be a regular fall dish
Well, it's 6:45 p.m. and I just finished a fantastic meal from this recipe. The only thing different is that I used an acorn squash. To just say a recipe is awful without any explanation is a waste of everyone's time. This was great and I plan on making it again, and soon! :>)
More Recipe Collections
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Stuffing >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >
- Squash Recipes >