- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and ginger. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and lemon peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Rhubarb Lemon Muffins
"This is delicious, very light & lemony. Will be making again. And again."
"So simple yet so delish! I will make this again before the rhubarb season is over!"
"Very moist, light & tart. Just the right amount of rhubarb & lemon. Very good way to use up some of that rhbarb! :)"
"I liked this muffin however I think I would add a bit more sugar. It was moist and quite tasty."