- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Lightly fold in pureed rhubarb and strawberries. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Fool with Strawberries in Taste of Home April/May 2013
Reviews for Rhubarb Fool with Strawberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2013
I love how simple fools are to make. This is an interesting take on one. I think the rhubarb makes this a little to tart, combined with the orange juice. I would try to again with something else, like kiwi, instead of the rhubarb.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >