- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split and warmed
- Toppings: yellow mustard, finely chopped onion and celery salt
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Add beef; cook 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Stir in water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook hot dogs over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Serve in buns with meat sauce and toppings as desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Rhode Island Hot Wieners in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Reviews for Rhode Island Hot Wieners
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2014